Sunday, March 15, 2009

Grandpa and Grammie Potter's house


This picture was taken of Grandpa and Grammie Potter's house in the 1920's. They bought the house in 1945 but this is what it still looked like then through the 1960's when the barn was torn down (while my generation was growing up). I remember animals in the barn - cows, chickens, a horse, goats - Grandpa loved animals. One time he even brought a skunk home and it lived in the shed - until Grammie startled it one morning (it wasn't a pretty sight) and Grandpa's pet skunk disappeared by suppertime that evening. I think my mother may have had a hand in that escapade along with a few others! At any rate Grandpa and Grammie's home holds many good memories for me and for my cousins as well. We all spent a lot of time there after school as children and for family birthday and holiday gatherings. We were always welcome, Grammie's cookie jar always held her famous molasses cookies and they were always ready for a good game of 63. For more history about the house and limited history about our immediate family visit my Readfield Historical Web Site: at: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mecreadf/ford.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment